Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zwicklemania, a brewery-crawl thru portland that happened in January, led me to stumble upon Rogue's Honey-Orange Wheat, an immensely quaffable, juicy brew that I determined on the spot to be my new favorite hot afternoon beer. A quest to clone it brewed in my head. Here is the recipe I used:

3.5# malted wheat
2.5# domestic 2 row

1 oz Willamette Hops added at 60 minutes
1 oz Willamette Hops added at 20 minutes

2# wildflower honey & 2c fancy britches orange juice added at the end of the boil

Let it ferment 5 weeks & bottled it last saturday. It was quite pale, and the honey flavor was strong in the obligatory uncarbonated sample, but we shall see what pours out in two weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful, Jess! I started a five gallon batch of mead. It'll just be the plain old variety, 15 pounds og honey, water and yeast! Still waiting to clone your cacao cafe stout!!

Looking forwatd to having you home for a while!

Love,
Dad